Today at the Barbican Centre in London, PrivSec Accountability Financial Services (FS) 2019 presents a day of exploration into the relationship between cybersecurity and data privacy in the financial sector.
This one-day conference will bring unique opportunities to knowledge-share and network among senior business operatives, while benefiting from the insight of a series of subject-matter specialists.
A range of focus points
This morning, attendees can hear the views of Brad Bryant, Deputy Chief Privacy Officer for Aon, who will be presenting on the FCA’s Senior Managers Regime (SMR).
From 9th December 2018, the expanded SMCR becomes applicable to all financial services firms that are regulated solely by the FCA and authorised under the Financial Services Markets Act 2000.
As the rate of cyber-attacks on business and government continues to rise, a comprehensive strategy is more essential than ever if companies are to reduce risk while building resilience.
Following Brad’s talk, Bojana Bellamy will be looking into the importance of accountability within achieving business objectives in a demonstrably lawful manner.
President of Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP’s Centre for Information Policy Leadership, Bojana’s presentation will advise on how teams can use compliance to unlock efficiency as well as the business benefits that come from differentiating as a responsibly data handler.
Later in the day, William Long, Partner at Sidley Austin LLP, will delve into recent data breach incidents in the financial sector, looking at how companies need to embrace the GDPR as FCA enforcement cases mount.
Dr Alastair Macwillson, Senior Advisor at Parker Fitzgerald, will then consider how bosses in financial organisations need to approach the ethics of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, asking what role Privacy by Design must play in a scenario of ideal data law compliance.
Insight, analysis and opinion will come through further keynote talks and panel debates, with speakers including:
- Steve Durbin, Managing Director at Information Security Forum
- William Malcom, Head of Legal at Google
- Steve Wright, CEO at PrivacyCulture
- Bernard Swierczyna, CIO & CISO at First Ireland
- Ignasi Riera, Privacy Consultant at OneTrust Privacy
- Alex Lindl, Senior Information Security Manager at Standard Life Aberdeen
What’s on offer at PrivSec Accountability FS?
- Develop knowledge on accountability expectations
- Understand the issues facing your organisation around demonstrating compliance
- Prepare for the potential of an automatic audit – ensure you have a plan in place
- Drive a strong culture of compliance – sell compliance to senior management
- Uncover smart insights and practical tips on implementation
- Understand responsibilities and ownership strategies
- Build operational resilience
- Network with your financial services, privacy and security peers
At PrivSec Accountability FS, executives and senior personnel can learn how to establish, maintain and develop key technologies, while building cyber-resilience throughout systems and controls, in order to meet these new standards.
We look forward to joining you in the conversation at this critical juncture in the evolution of data privacy law.
This event is run by Data Protection World Forum Ltd, in association with OneTrust LLC.
The post Welcome to PrivSec Accountability Financial Services 2019 appeared first on PrivSec Report.