Coming to the Barbican Centre, London, on Tuesday 12th November, PrivSec Accountability Financial Services (FS) 2019 will delve into the many cross-overs between security duties and data privacy in the modern age.
Next week, this one-day conference will bring unique learning and networking opportunities to senior managers aiming to understand the many compliance difficulties within the financial services sector.
The Senior Managers & Certification Regime
The Financial Conduct Authority’s Senior Managers Regime (SMR) came into effect in March 2016, and is part of the UK financial regulation aimed at increasing personal accountability of senior figures in the financial service industry.
From 9th December 2019, the expanded SMCR became applicable to all financial services firms that are regulated solely by the FCA and authorised under the Financial Services Markets Act 2000.
As the rate of cyber-attacks on business and government continues to rise, resilience has never been more important.
A comprehensive strategy is more essential than ever, as companies bid to reduce risk, as well as respond to and recover from the cyber-attacks against corporate defences.
In a climate of increasing scrutiny on the part of consumers, employees and regulators, adequate resilience will help companies to stay secure and mitigate regulator penalties should the worst happen.
Senior managers are liable to be held accountable if they fail to take what the regulator considers “reasonably steps” to prevent compliance breaches.
Learn from the experts
The subject will fall into focus in a presentation led by expert speaker, Brad Bryant exclusively for audiences at PrivSec Accountability FS.
Brad Bryant is the Deputy Chief Privacy Officer for Aon. With an employee base of 65,000 colleagues in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, Aon is responsible for significant amounts of personal information relating to its own employees and that of its clients.
Brad is member of the Data Protection Working Group for BIPAR, the European Federation of Insurance Intermediaries and has been involved in the review of the General Data Protection Regulation for BIPAR members.
Brad qualified as a solicitor in Australia and after working in private practice moved to the United Kingdom. Prior to working at Aon Brad was Corporate Counsel at McAfee and Vice President Legal and Compliance at Morgan Stanley and legal counsel at ABN AMRO Bank in London.
Also speaking at PrivSec Accountability Financial Services:
- William Long, Global Co-Leader at Sidley
- Steve Durbin, Managing Director at Information Security Forum
- William Malcom, Head of Legal at Google
- Dr Alastair Macwillson, British cyber-security professional and Advisor to Parker Fitzgerald
- Steve Wright, CEO at PrivacyCulture
- Bernard Swierczyna, CIO & CISO at First Ireland
- Ignasi Riera, Privacy Consultant at OneTrust Privacy
- Alex Lindl, Senior Information Security Manager at Standard Life Aberdeen
Further learning points at
- Develop sufficient knowledge on accountability expectations
- Understand the issues facing your organisation around demonstrating compliance
- Prepare for the potential of an automatic audit – ensure you have a plan in place
- Drive a strong culture of compliance – sell compliance to senior management
- Uncover smart insights and practical tips on implementation
- Understand responsibilities and ownership strategies
- Build operational resilience
- Network with your financial services, privacy and security peers
At PrivSec Accountability FS, executives and senior personnel can learn how to establish, maintain and develop key technologies, while building cyber-resilience throughout systems and controls, in order to meet these new standards.
Join our leading subject matter experts as they delve deep into the current and future state of data protection, privacy and security practices and their role in the financial services industry.
Make sure you’re accountable today by securing your place.
PrivSec Accountability FS 2019
Date: Tuesday 12th November 2019
Venue: Barbican Centre, Silk Street, London EC2Y 8DS
This event is run by Data Protection World Forum Ltd, in association with OneTrust LLC.
The post Privsec Accountability FS: The Senior Managers & Certification Regime and why it matters appeared first on PrivSec Report.