European Data Protection Summit (EUDPS) Manchester presents two days of content-rich keynote talks and panel debates designed to address the most pressing business issues on today’s data privacy landscape.
Coming to Manchester’s Victorian Warehouse on November 13th and 14th, delegates at EUDPS can share knowledge, experience and ideas while learning from industry experts.
A new global currency
As our reliance on data increases, so too does the need to adhere to sound data processing practices.
Since the implementation of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), penalties leveraged by the UK data protection watchdog, the Information Commissioner’s Office have seldom been away from the headlines, incentivising CISOs and data privacy professionals to bolster cyber-security.
But compliance is far more than ticking boxes to keep the regulator’s stick at bay. And while compliancy may cause growing pains to begin with, executives that embrace the ethics of the GDPR can stand out from the crowd in an era of new opportunity.
In a digital world that has tested consumer trust, companies that can demonstrate that they value an individual’s privacy beyond basic compliance can differentiate themselves in increasingly competitive market spaces, besides unlocking a host of efficiency-boosting behaviours.
Understanding the challenges
Exclusively at EUDPS Manchester, data privacy expert Hellen Beveridge will explain what’s hindering the C-suite on the corporate compliance journey, as organisations work to fall in line with the GDPR and further evolving data privacy frameworks.
Data Protection Lead at Data Oversight, Hellen Beveridge is a pragmatic data privacy professional with proficient, multi-disciplinary experience honed across a range of industries and clients.
She has a proven track record as a strategic marketing professional, and is renowned for her ability to measure, analyse and deliver effective solutions based on that knowledge. This is proving invaluable in helping clients find their way through the complexities of current and future privacy legislation.
Hellen collaborates with publishers, events, membership bodies and other communications based organisations to change their working practices to encompass both Privacy by Design and Privacy by default, and is in demand as a public speaker, particularly on the topic of GDPR.
Also speaking at EUDPS:
- Ivana Bartoletti, Head of Privacy and Data Protection at Gemserv
- Steve Wright, GDPR Advisor at Bank of England
- Tash Whitaker, Global Data Privacy Director at Whitaker Solutions Ltd
- Iain Bourne, Head of Personal Information and Privacy at Grant Thornton
- Natasha Warner, Head of Privacy & Information Management at Direct Line Group
Among agenda topics discussed at EDPS Manchester
- Data Protection in the 2019: Where are we in the Global Privacy Landscape?
- Privacy in the era of emerging technologies, AI, robotics, big data and algorithms
- Cookies Best Practice
- Video surveillance and privacy
- Creating a Global Privacy Programme in an Evolving Regulatory Environment
- InfoSec and its support of information governance
- Leveraging Threat Intelligence for Cyber Resilience and Data Protection
- Lessons learned from the Marriott data breach
- Privacy and the IoT, issues and challenges
- Data protection and privacy and the Brexit deal
- The case for EU Representatives after Brexit
An unmissable opportunity to learn and share ideas
European Data Protection Summit Manchester provides the perfect forum for developing business strategy in a way that nurtures data protection, so that a responsible approach to data handling takes hold through every level of business.
Join our community of data protection, privacy, governance and security professionals to network, share knowledge, tools and insights at European Data Protection Summit Manchester.
European Data Protection Summit Manchester
Where: Victorian Warehouse, Manchester
When: 13th & 14th November 2019
The post European Data Protection Summit Manchester to break down barriers to data law compliance appeared first on PrivSec Report.